Wednesday 8 July 2009

Wireless Festival 09 (Vids and Commentary)

Apologies for the lack of quality. The quality got lowered in conversion.



This is the trip to the concert, plus footage of when we just arrived.
I set of with my mum (driving), my mate jamaal, my sister (on the far right in the back), and my sister's friend (in the middle in the back).
Me and Jamaal went to the concert, everyone else toured london.



These were the first people we saw. Notice how far back we are. We wormed our as far forward as we could possibly get...not very haha!!!
I have to say as well, the N-Dubs drummer was SIKKKK!!! He held it down. Me and Jamaal called him Lil Wayne (we were lookin for look alikes).



Calvin Harris was rubbish!!! Alls he ever did was SCREAM "Come on everybody let's jump". And he said nothing about the flying bottles.
The flying bottles was crazy. You can't properly see it on the vid but when the crowd got going, there wasn't a split second when there weren't AT LEAST 10 bottles in mid air at once.
At one point, someone started throwing a welly around :S
Notice how we're that little bit closer to the front?



I don't really need to say anything about Diversity.
They were Amazin'!
Etching forward still



I missed out Alesha Dixon cos she's CRAP! She did hold it down when she started doing them classic Misteeq tunes. I didn't realise how big they were back in the day. Annoying but catchy.
I remember hearing somebody talk about Q-tip in such a ignorant manner. She was calling him a nobody and saying "Who is he to come on stage before Kanye?"...I didn't say nothing to her cos I was too busy listening to Q-tip who was RIPPIN' UP the stage.
How ignorant of her though...Q-tip was part of Tribe Called Quest and gave us some CLASSIC tunes like "Can you kick it". I was in the ZONE listening to Q-tip!
I think he was just as good as Kanye.
Notice how close we are to the front here?


**cringe** you can hear me telling some people about the stage, schooling their a** about his set design.
Anyhoo, needless to say, Kanye was amazing. His set list was ON POINT!!! LOVED IT!
I don't know if you can tell but we were so close to the front it's crazy.


I tried to record another commentary afterwards where you would have heard my voice, completely RAGGED from singing to Kanye's set, but I ran out of memeory. My voice was fine before that, but I ragged it during Kanye.
I flippin' loved Wireless Festival 09. It had a surreal atmosphere and I'd love to go again. Thanx to Reuben for the invite, Thanx to Jamaal for the company....

BIG THANX TO MY MUM FOR EVERYTHING. SHE WENT OUT ON AN ARM AND A LEG FOR THIS. BOUGHT MY TICKETS (I SAID I'D BUY IT MYSELF BUT SHE OFFERED) THEN BOUGHT A SPARE TICKET TO GIVE AWAY. HIRED A CAR AND TOOK US EARLY IN THE MORNING, STAYED IN LONDON THE WHOLE DAY TILL LATE, AND THEN BROUGHT US BACK...I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS MUM! YOU LEGEND!!!!!!


I'd like to say some NO THANK YOU'S to some people but I'll leave it out...keep the happy vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment