Friday 3 July 2009

The Grid House by Forte, Gimenes & Marcondes Ferraz Architects

I was gonna stop posting Architecture like this because I was starting to get board. I was seeing a LOT of amazing houses but they were getting a little bit same old same old. Each one was unique but I still felt like I'd seen them all...that was until Forte, Gimenes & Marcondes Ferraz pulled this one out the bag.



This house reminds me of the word "Optimism". To me, this house looks like someone has taken the framework of a building. It's as if that framework was put up but the project was abandoned, so over time, the frame had weathered and gone rusty....then...along came Forte, Gimenes & Marcondes Ferraz, and made something of it.
Some of my highlight of this house is, on some parts of the exteria, it reminds me of a dock with no water. Also I like the rock made into steps, with wooden steps following. Plus, I love the grass path that runs over the top of the the single story work of genius.
Well done!














No comments:

Post a Comment