Monday 13 July 2009

Luke Jerram's Art Project Put Pianos all around London


If anything, this is a sign telling me to STEP MY GAME UP!
It's not often...infact...never have I walked round town and spotted a musical instrument positioned in a busy surrounding with the words "Play me I'm yours" written on it. If only though. The alluring message scribed onto a gateway to creativity, almost as attracting as a sale to someone with plenty of cash in their pocket. Pacing towards the instrument and positioning yourself in a playing position, fingers ready to stroke the time stained ivory...then what? Seriously, I wonder how many muppets played Chopsticks?
Those primary school immature "any fool can play it" type melodies won't cut it to the audience around a various 30 pianos scattered around the city of London. It's an opportunity to sooth and entertain shopper-frolics as they cut through the city of London. It's an opportunity that just can't be missed neither.
You'd be surprised how many talented pianists are out there too. According to my sources, citizens of London and tourists seated themselves infront of the ol' ivories for a tinkle, surprisingly playing masterpieces of music and wowing the crowds.
Me personally, I'd go for something more upto date than "Mozart", I mean seriously....Bella's Lullaby anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment