Saturday 18 July 2009

Nooka Summer 2009

I dunno, I'm starting to become a fan of watches, almost as much as I am a fan of trainers/sneakers/kicks/footwear.
The designs for these are CRAZY nice. My favourite one would have to be ALL OF THEM! A watch to match each outfit init...just like kicks.
I love the story behind this:

"The new summer series of Nooka designs are inspired by higher dimensional physics and utopian optimism that the planet will once again embrace space as a necessary next frontier!

Nooka is the brainchild of artist and designer, Matthew Waldman. In 1997, Matthew had a flash-back to a first grade math class while staring at a large wall clock in a London hotel and was struck by how few options there were for time display. He then sketched his ideas for potential designs on a napkin and brought them back to New York. After working on the designs, he submitted them to his legal team, and indeed, they were unique enough to patent!

The name Nooka is a contraction of "New Yorker" as pronounced with a native New York accent. Nooka is a the first part of "New York" and the last part of "Osaka" expressing a global aesthetic. "


At the end of the day...the designs are hot and unique. I'm scared to blog these incase someone cops one before me.



No comments:

Post a Comment