Tuesday 5 May 2009

The Hype that is.....Nike Air Yeezy!


I promised [myself] I would never give Kanye recognition for these trainers on my blog but I folded with the pressure of my blog potentially being out of the loop with the hype...and what I say hype...I mean HYPE!!!!
I've seen an endless amount of video's of people camping outside stores trying to get first dibs on Kanye West's new release of trainers with "sneaker" company Nike. The hype is so crazy that store security are telling people that they're not selling them, in order to get people to stop camping out. Ya see, not all stores are selling them. There are sites that have been set up to inform the consumers where to purchase them, because the store home websites are keeping their lips sealed....now is that hype or is that hype???? (google hype if you don't know what it means)
Check this though. My friend even asked me to go to London with him to que outside a store and buy a pair with him.
Now, I'm broke as a joke, but the thing is, these trainers are going for like, £150 in the stores, but the catch is, you're only allowed to one pair. People are buying a pair of Air Yeezys and then flogging them on ebay for 4 TIMES THE PRICE!!!...is that hype or is that hype. So what my friend wants me to do is go to London with him (he said he'll pay for my travel expenses there, and give me £50 ontop of that) so that he can buy a pair, then get me to buy another pair for him, so that he can sell one pair on ebay and make his money back...

I personally thought that these trainers were overrated or overhyped but think again. These trainers come in such FRESH colours aswell as the souls being made from Glow in the dark material (which I think is to match Kanye's Glow in the Dark Tour theme). PLUS.....(the only thing that matters too, is that...)....the trainers look pretty fly on your foot too!
Despite my "Ghostdesigner conspiracy" theory...the verdict is...Kanye...YOU ARE...A GENIUS!



No comments:

Post a Comment