Monday 11 May 2009

Destined to succeed, choosing to fail!

I've been thinking about this topic for a while now. It's something we've all witnessed, but I've gone to the next step as to question it.

What am I talking about?
Okay...so...it's Xfactor season. It's just started so they're not at boot-camp or the stage show, it's just the auditions. The competition is amazing, such talented people all over the UK, hundreds of xfactor contestants going through, Simon Cowell has done his signature wink everytime a son story goes through.
Then the music changes, the tone of voice of the presenters change (they're using that "laughing on the inside but trying to be serious" type voice). In walks some dolled up girl who thinks she's the next beyonce (who in my opinion is theee best singer). The judges ask her if she thinks she's got the exfactor and she boldly replies "course I 'ave". They ask her what she's gonna sing, and it's always the same songs, "my heart will go on by Celine Dion" or something ballady. Then they begin to sing. They open their mouth and out comes the most horrific rendition of Whitney Houston's "I have nothing". They're conpletley off key, they're more than abundant in passion which is evident in their facial expression, nut the whole audition is an uphill BATTLE to the pinicle note in the song which they never hit (they funny thing is, it's either higher of lower than the note they're supposed to sing).
Their audition is cut short but a cringing panel of judges either sitting in discomfort of laughing their head off. After a bit of rejectful banter the verdict is "singing is definately not your strength". It's evident that there is no possible way that their voice would sell records nation wide.

It's the highlight of Xfactor, it's the reason you watch it every Saturday. But it's so cringy.
Everyone in my house hold laughs their head of till they cry, and so do I but in the back of my mind I ponder. My heart really does go out to them. They actually believe that they're amazing singers.
My first question (which is insignificant to this post) is what process in life have they gone through to believe - in their heart mind you - that they're amazing people. It takes some really cruel people to convince them they can hold a tune.
My second question (which is the significant one) is what is there for them? I mean, if you think about it, our passions and desires have stemmed from seeds sewn into our lives from child hood. Years of naturally watering their desires till they manifest into actions, to be one day told, "you're wasting your time". On Xfactor, before the auditionee (if that's a word) is dragged out by security, they scream "please give me a chance" and the daunting words "I've put my whole life into".
To later find out you've wasted all your time effort and resources on a dead end. Where do you go from there?

Where do you go from there? I believe that everyone is destined for success in some way some how. I believe that no one person on this earth is supposed to fail. I realise that people are born into failure (third world countries and poverty) but I also believe the saying "where there's a will, there's a way". But people, again and again choose to put their energy and all their effort and time and resources in something there is no possible way of them succeeding in, hense the title "choosing to fail".
I know there is no lesson to be learned in this but I thought I would pose this food for thought and get you thinking on it.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment