Wednesday 24 June 2009

Florence and the machine - Halo (cover)

Well, I'm chillaxin in the Media Office at church, doing work obv! Emma (legendary friend of mine, awesome friend and photographer) is listening to the BBC live lounge, telling me and Moses (another ledge of a friend, font of all media tech knowledge) about a band that she loves called Florence and the Machine. They'd done some cover of Beyonce's song "Halo" which was REALLY different. Florence (the lead singer) personalised the song and changed it stylistically...in a nutshell: "FLIPPIN AWESOME".
So yeh, Emma plays the song through the speaker so that we could all hear. I'm in awe of Florence, thinking how awesome it is and unique etc...Moses said it was hurting his ears. He said that she was flat, out of key and out of tune and wasn't the least bit impressed. Anyhooo, we get into a bit of a debate about the whole thing. Emma is defending FATM with her kinda, sarcastic comments toward Mo. Me not wanting to hurt his feelings kept my dominating hysteric laugh to myself and decided to post this blog. I was LAUGHING HARD...(on the inside).
Anyhooo, amungst Emma's continual sly puns, I post this topic. What do you think? Country-indie-tone-deaf-banshee or an elegant-stylistical-indie-contemporary-vocal-natural genius?

No comments:

Post a Comment