Monday 27 April 2009

The SchwimmHausBoot: Nice House...Rubbish Location.

I think SchwimmHausBoot stands for "Floating Boat House", which is pretty much what it is. The choice of location is interesting aye?.
I think architecture is something I should get into because, when looking at this house and the concept, designs from a similar concept spring into mind. It reminds me of the phrase "diamond in the rough", you know, nice house found in a crappy location. This seems like an early preparation for Global Warming (rememeber my last post about Global Warming?).
Nice idea. I give the design a 6/10. I think that contemporary design is fairly contrasting to it's location but it could be made more contrasting by using brighter colours. I do like the grass roof though.









by Flo Florian and Sascha Akkermann (from the German design firm "Confused Direction")

No comments:

Post a Comment