Saturday 3 October 2009

Balenciaga 2010

Well it's a saturday so most people take the weekend off from blogging, so the traffic of fresh inspiration circulating the internet was pretty dead to be honest. However, after a bit of persistent browsing, I was happy to stumble over something I haven't blogged in a while...FASHION!!!
Ladies, if you're idea of looking good, is a ridiculously short body-con dress with a neckline that goes to the waste, from H&M or Topshop, plus a matching bikini underneath; Or even a low cut tank top, with jeggins and gladiator sandals; if you think big sunglasses and half back-combed hair, ugg boots with joggers, thin t-shirts and long thin cardigans looks good; or if you're a VWH (Vivienne Westwood hag, I don't know if you remember that post), then you've got off at the wrong stop. Jump back on the "no style express train", and get off at "tasteless town".
CONFESSION: I'd never heard of Balenciaga until now, and it was love at first sight. Can you blame me? The contemporary cuts give the clothes a urban-space-age-meets-mod-type look. Well...that's the best way I can put it into words and I'm sure I would have failed the fashion critique interview with that poor choice of words. Well, how else would you describe it. It looks like a concoction of couture and child's art, with a stroke of genius (to be fair). All found hotness!!!


















1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Balenciaga! My favourites are the 2nd, 3rd and 8th for the ladies, and the 2nd, 3rd and last for the guys. Tasteful and timelessly classic with a modern, contemporary flavour. Love this Blog, awesome job Des!

    ReplyDelete